Thursday, June 23, 2011

She was Practically Perfect in every way....

Okay -- All you ephemera buffs... check out what I found at an auction this month!! YES!! A 1964 fabulous condition Mary Poppins Paper Doll Set. Eeeeeek!! Let's just say that nothing topped the excitement of finding it except perhaps winning the auction and knowing it was coming home with ME!!!! So many adorable outfits, so little time! hehe

I JUST KNEW when I saw it that one of my first projects with these treasures would be a new "She Art Girl"! Most of you know that I signed up for this online class by Christy Tomlinson and also had the opportunity in May to take a class from her too.... Just LOVE how my first Poppins She Art turned out -- yes... Practically Perfect in Every Way! *smile*
Hope you're doing something creative today!!
Just wanted to make mention to all you Mixed Media people out there -- the Faber-Castell Big Brush PITT pens (as used, seen and loved on Christy's online class) are FINALLY IN and available to purchase in the studio (about time!!!) and the Gelatos should be on their way. Crossing my fingers that they arrive soon.

So farewell then, Mary Poppins. Don't stay away too long.... *smile*

10 comments:

Jeannie said...

OMFGoodness ... I loves this big time. What's your schedule for next week? I happen to be on vacation and hope I can swing by for a visit/creative time.

Unknown said...

I'm in canvasing all next week. COME JOIN US!!! Love to see you Ms Jeannie!! :)(in Tuesday - Thursday) off the Long Weekend. Doing a Class on the Thursday on the "Colour Canvas" you can do that or just play... up to you :)

Carmi Cimicata said...

That turned out fantastic! Love that clothing!

ida said...

she is perfect! i love this piece.

Artyjen said...

Fabulous! Perfection indeed ;)
xoxo Sioux

Lorrie Everitt Studio said...

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! ... what a wonderful fine (i would have bid on it too!) and i just love the mixed media piece you created with your fines.

Rosanne said...

Very cool! I'd love to join you on one of your auction trips sometime!

Diana said...

Will you bring some gelatos and big brush pens to scrapfest Oshawa? :) Inquiring minds want to know.....

Unknown said...

lol.. yes Diana : Sure will!!!!

Diana said...

Whoo hooo :)