Friday, May 11, 2012

Do More of What Makes You Happy - USTREAM

Okay -- I loved creating this canvas inspired by the lovely and talented Stephanie Ackerman  who very graciously joined us on USTREAM tonight!  Thank you, Stephanie.  So glad you could join us!!
------------------------
So here's the story - I saw a canvas that Stephanie posted on facebook that truely inspired me, so I commented and asked her if I could create my own version of it on my USTREAM broadcast tonight.  She said yes and voila...  this is what I created!  A canvas within a canvas.....

I wrote a quote out on watercolour paper and then used my watercolours to "rainbow" colour it.  Painted a 12x24 canvas with a couple of little textural elements in gesso and molding paste and then cut up and adhered the watercolour painting.  Add some PanPastel shading and there you have it!  A canvas that does make me happy!

My internet did cut out on me tonight so there are two vids here.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed creating them!!

Have a creative day!

Do More of What Makes You Happy - Part 1



Do More of What Makes You Happy - Part 2


No comments: