Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ask Karen (and Tim)

I was in the States on Tuesday (as you know) picking up some fabulous Distress "stuff" for the London Retreat Class and I JUST REALIZED that I didn't post an "Ask Karen". So sorry.... but better late than never? :)
I wanted to share a video with you that Tim Holtz did a few months ago using Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls -- I have Tim on the brain as I prep for this class :) I love how he shared with his viewers that he discovered ways to use Perfect Pearls with Distress Inks by accident while he was "playing" with the product. SEE!!!! Get out your messy bits and play! You never know what will happen. Quite often you will discover a happy mistake! Who would have thought Distress Inks would pick up the powder.... and.... well just wait until you see what he did next!!
I know I have mentioned this many times... its good to know how products react with water -- we discussed this last night in the Canvas Class too -- Distress Inks React with water! This is just one more cool way we can use that knowledge to our crafty advantage! Gotta Love it!!
I will definitely be playing with this technique!!
If you have any questions about these techniques or any of the products you see out there -- go ahead and ask!! I will post responses to your questions on Tuesdays - Promise :)
Enjoy the video!! Get out and play!

No comments: