Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Inagural Meeting of the Go Studio Dollar Store Club

Last night 7 of us girls got together (most of us) with completed Dollar Store items in hand and had a GREAT time at the studio!! This was the first in a series of monthly "Dollar Store Club" meetings where I was excited to see the gals "GO Beyond Scrapbooking" - some for the first time! :) Way to go GALS!!

This month's Dollar Store item was a Small Wooden Tray. 5 of us had trays to share... Here they are!! Look how different a simple wooden tray can become with a little inspiration!

Rosanne's Decorated Tray for her Scrap Room:

Kelly's Tray "Frame" - a gift for her Grandma :)


Denise's Bracelet and Watch holder for her Dresser Drawer I think I know what to make the kid for Christmas -- she'd love it (as long as I don't have to sew "pillows" hehe)


Sheri's Portrait Frame of her Great Grandmother - complete with old photos of Waterloo. This will be part of a larger project. Can't wait to see it completely finished.....


And here is my "Family Theatre" - As our friend Mindy would say, "Complete with floating heads" :) I have been playing a lots with "floating heads" and had so much fun creating this project!!

Amber started playing with her tray and we all made her promise to bring it with her next month -- She is making her tray into a clock!! Very Cool.

Leanne also joined our group last night and I know is super excited to play with next month's project!!! Which, by the way, is a HAND HELD MIRROR!! ooooohhhhh ahhhhhhh! :)

I will be teaching a technique that people may use in future projects at every Dollar Store Club Meeting. Last night we played with Alcohol Inks by Ranger. I showed them how to create this spring-inspired card using the inks and the blending solution. I even (without giving too much away) showed them how to use their inks in some new fun ways that no one in the group thought of before!! *Big SMILE* Let's just say everything will be all matchie poo and bling will never be the same again!!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A PART OF THE GO STUDIO DOLLAR STORE CLUB -- just give me a shout and let me know!! Love to have you join us too!! Our Next Meeting will be APRIL 1 - show and tell begins at 7 but you are welcome to come anytime after 6 for some munchies and a little social time!!
THANKS FOR MAKING LAST NIGHT SO MUCH FUN GALS!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen!!
I had a lot of fun last night. I've already started planning my next project with my mirror!
Thanks for a great evening. I loved learning new ways using my alcohol inks!

Rosanne said...

It was a fun evening! And no blood was spilled either!

I've got my mirror and some ideas perking!

Thanks Karen!

Kelly said...

I stopped by the studio to get some alcohol inks today...I'll get a mirror tomorrow on my way to Timmie's for a coffee!

I have some ideas, but I'm not quite sure how to execute them. Hopefully once I get the mirror in my hands I'll have a better idea.

Unknown said...

Yes, the alcohol was flowing here today! hehe

So glad you ladies had fun!!... and no blood was spilled - Really!! :)

Can't WAIT to see your Mirrors!!!