Saturday, December 03, 2011

My Crayon Art....

Okay -- Now this was fun!
Thanks for joining me on USTREAM last night for a live broadcast of me trying this technique inspired by what I saw on Pinterest.

I did a crayon experiment -- which one melt better/what surface to use etc.... and then went to town! :) If you missed it and would like to see what I did (and how I did it, you an still see it on USTREAM by clicking this link:

This is the first one I did...... Hanging dude reminds me of the hubby...

And here's me and the dog.. LOL ... Okay, me in my mind *wink*. LOVE This one!
and... at the end of the broadcast I melted the ends of the crayons in a silicone mold. It worked great until I popped it out. ..then they crumbled. I bet I needed to make them thicker so that they'd pop out of that deep mold better. Live and learn! :)
And here's a Suitcase Update... I'm ready on one side to paint my "girl" on it :) check back again soon for another update...
Have a creative day everyone!!

1 comment:

Kelly Holdaway said...

Cool! Nice to see the finished product. I watched for a bit last night, but the chat wouldn't work for me.