Are you getting into the Christmas Spirit? I spent yesterday in the studio creating Christmas Gifts while listening to some Christmas music - yep... I'm getting in the spirit. I'll post an image of what I made next week (if you are "my friend" on Facebook you can see one now)
Anyway, I'm not posting that image now BECAUSE... we have some Crafty Christmas stuff to share!!
Take a peek at this sweet backpack!
When we decided to run this bloghop, we surfed the internet for some project ideas and came across this adorable BACKPACK BOX on Splitcoast Stampers. Here's the Link to the page. It was created by Mary Arima - a stamper so she stamped her papers. I chose not to do that. I love Bo Bunny Christmas and the weight of that double sided paper is perfect for this project. All you need to create this is ONE piece, yep -- just one, of double sided pattern cardstock paper (or your own stamped paper) a couple feet of ribbon and some eyelets. The flaps close with magnets (I used the Basic Grey magnets) but you can also use velcro. Can't you just picture this being given to a teacher with a gift card in it? LOVE IT! Decorate this little bag as you like. Hey -- this would be cute for a back to school gift too -- hummmmm must keep this around. :)
I don't know about you but I am always looking for a little "thank you" gift for neighbours, mail carriers, and other people in my life that I'd like to recognise at this time of year.
I found an adorable "Hot Chocolate Pocket Wallet" on Becky Roberts' (Inking Idaho) blog that I adapted to fit the Hot Chocolate packets we get at the grocery store. This is what I've done:
- Wallet Body: One 9”x 5” piece of cardstock – score at 4” and 5”. 4 pieces of pattern paper to decorate measuring 3 3/4” x 4 1/4”
- Wallet Pockets: 2 pieces of cardstock measuring 6”x3” - score both short sides at 1/4” and 1/2” and one long side at 1/4” and 1/2”.
- Closure: 1 piece of cardstock measuring 2”x 3”. 1 piece of pattern paper to decorate measuring 1 3/4”x 2 3/4”
- Use a corner rounder on the 4 corners of the Wallet body and fold along score lines
- Adhere the Closure Strip to the back of the Wallet body before decorating it with the pattern paper.
Create the wallet pockets:
- Fold along all score lines on both pocket pieces.
Cut off the 4 small squares in the corners – you will not need them to put it together. (optional) Punch a half circle or half oval along the center edge of the pocket.
- Fold into pocket and glue the three folded edges onto the inside of the wallet body just above the fold line. Repeat on other side.
- I used a Basic Grey Magnet to close the wallet but you can use velcro too.
- You can create a front pocket to -- for the outside of the wallet. Choose your own size and assemble as above. Decorate and enjoy!!
Tomorrow In A Pinch Designs has something fun for you..... Something to "wrap it all up" :)