Saturday, October 06, 2012

Asian inspired textural canvas - USTREAM Follow


I had such a marvelous time on USTREAM last night chatting with the gals and creating this sample canvas using the Bird Song Paper line from Graphic 45 and some wood embellishments from Prima Marketing and Paper Butterflies from Petaloo.

Yes, I said sample canvas.  I will be displaying this alongside the paper line in my booth at ScrapFest in Oshawa next weekend.  If you are going, be sure to drop by the Art House Studio booth to see it in person!!


Here is a closer view of some of the texture.   See the molding paste through the "fish scales" template from Crafter's Workshop?  And look at that colour! Yummo!   LOVE LOVE LOVE Silks by Luminarte.  Its the layering effects these give that really make it pop!  ... and the coloured UTEE rocks my world too!  *wink*

Thanks again to all who joined me live last night while I created this.

If you'd like to watch my USTREAM broadcast, here it is on youTube.   I am merging my videos to a NEW CHANNEL and I hope you subscribe.   I will be putting my USTREAMs there as well as all my technique videos...   These will slowly move over to the new place over the next few weeks.  Have fun watching!

5 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

Wow Karen this is spectacular!!! I'm speechless!!

Unknown said...

Glad you like -- are you going to ScrapFest? Love to see ya!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your Canvass Art is stunning. I was watching your video and part-way my statellite internet service stopped on me. Would love to take a workshop doing this type of art. It was a pleasure to meet you at Scrapfest today, I was one of your last customers (looking for Gesso).

Unknown said...

THANK YOU !! So glad you like.
A workshop is in progress... stay tuned. Gesso's here *smile*

Jay said...

Hi Keron,

It's all about the matter of WoW! I would love to say you are rocking! We all know "beauty brings beauty".

Jay
online art gallery