Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spirit Girl flies a Kite

Painting again....   samples this time but FUN samples!!
Here is a canvas (6x12) I created yesterday to showcase some of my studio products when I'm at the Coast to Coast show in Mississauga next weekend.  Whatcha think?  Ain't she cute?   Love Suzi Blu Stamps!
This is Spirit Girl by Suzi Blu.  I painted her with the new Letraset Aqua Markers.  I was a little skeptical about a watercolour marker but Whoa Baby!  Me LIKE!   Love the vibrancy of these markers.  I'll have to show you in a future USTREAM broadcast ...  but I digress....  back to the painting.

If you look closely - you will see I collaged the background with scrapping papers (She Art paper by Pink Paisley as I had some left over scraps from ScrapFest) used some Crafter's Workshop templates and paint, stamped with Christy Tomlinson's She Art background stamps, used Light Molding Paste  to add some "flower" dimension on the "ground" Spirit Girl is standing on AND then highlighted with Terra Paint from Viva Decor, some Golden Bead Gel (on and under the clouds) and some Inka Gold too!  Phew!  Loved every minute of it!  Hope you like!

I loved Spirit Girl so much I decided to use her image on a "smile" card to my young pen pal -- Here's what I made her (mom, please don't show her until it arrives!!)  I painted her with the Aqua Markers too.. so pretty.
 

Have a creative day everyone!!
Here are the products I used in the canvas piece - we are currently updating the online store to include the Letraset Aquamarkers...  stay tuned! *smile*

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Me likey a lot Karen!! Those markers sounds interesting...looking forward to seeing them in an upstream video :)

AninaSmiles said...

Wonderful! I checked out the C2C site and thought I might find you teaching... so are you taking? Can't wait to hear all about it after, have fun!