Thursday, July 08, 2010

All heart....


This week's challenge with Something Completely different was to make a TAG with a HEART Theme.

Over on Tim Holtzs blog.... he created a mini canvas with a heart so I thought I would take the base of his creation and work it into a tag for this challenge. Here's the link to Tim's Dimensional Grunge tutorial.

The base of my tag, as outlined on Tim's blog, is created by adhering a grunge heart using Claudine's Matte Medium. I applied the medium to the entire tag (also using Cut N Dry Foam) and added my signature sheet music. I then inked with Distress Inks but that's where the similarity ends. I continued by adding layers of watercolour paints, oil pastels and charcoal pencil to my tag. I love adding layers to layers.... I just can't seem to stop! (hehe)

The stamp is from Scrolls Work Stamps (#1641 Heart Sees), and the wire, who knows *wink*, just a little something I found in my tickle trunk.
Thanks for the challenge. I hope you like!! And enjoy Sir Tim's tutorial!! If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a line. Love to hear from you

2 comments:

Fiona said...

absolutely stunning :)

Laura said...

Loving this tag! Great grungy colours and distressed look. Great make. Thanks for playing again with us at SCD. Stop by later and see what we have for this next week.