Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Edgar Allan Poe - the Painting

 Last Friday night I directly took some inspiration from Lynne Perrella's cover article in Somerset Studio's Sept/Oct 2012 magazine issue to create this "Poe" - a painted collage for my daughter this Christmas.

Emily did an independent study unit on the Raven this
semester and LOVED it!  I've never seen so many post it notes used in her homework before!! *wink*  I came across the past issue of the Somerset Studio mag and thought "How Perfect!!!  This shall be done - and I'll add the raven ..  I think she'd like that.

Below is the video recording of my live broadcast doing this piece.  I hope you enjoy ....

And -- just so you know ....  I loved doing this so much that I created an Art Journal page along the same vane using an image of Walt Whitman.   (The journaling is to come...  and I'll show you that later -- I have something specific in mind)  Some of you know, but Whitman is my maiden name...  and yes, apparently there is a distant relation - or so my family tree suggests.  That's the reason for "the Whitman"  *smirk*



Have a creative day!!


No comments: