Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cleaning up....

Well, I am cleaning up the trailer and getting all the final preparations done before I "sail away" to the Caribbean on a week holiday with my dad. I am sooo looking forward to having some father/daughter bonding time with him. Yippee.....

So, I got to thinking -- cleaning up.....
I didn't share something new I got in the studio with you this summer. A couple of people tried the barrier cream at the Dollar Store Club but I did get 2 different things in the studio to help avoid getting too dirty when I play with my 'messy bits'. And I love them

Marvelous Mariannes Hand & Brush Cleaner and Skin Safer Barrier Cream.

I am brutal with my brushes, I will admit it. And I will also admit, with hesitation, that I have tossed a few brushes away because I couldn't get them clean. Frustrating. Not anymore!

I recently made the mistake of leaving gel medium on my favourite brush and yes, it hardened like glue. I freaked. Then I took a breath and thought "Well, what's the worst thing that could happen? I'd have to toss this brush too? Might as well try the Marvelous Mariannes...." To my surprise, it came clean and is ready to paint with another day. YAY!! How's that for a testimonial? Even Karen's brushes come clean with Marvelous Mariannes! LOL Seriously, if you are looking for a good brush cleaner... this may be your answer. It even cleaned my messy hands. Gotta love that.

We have 2oz bottles in the studio for $4.50 and worth every penny! It saved my $11 brush :) and there's lots left. 'nough said :)

The Barrier Cream works like an invisible glove and smells minty fresh! It feels a little different when you put it on (because it feels like you are wearing gloves) but you get used to it and quite frankly it saved my hands from a few messy nights at the studio. Come on in and try it. We have some to sample in the studio. It sells in a fabulous jar for $10.25. I wonder where else I will use it? I hear its good for gardening.... lord knows I have a lot of weeds to pull in my gardens when I return.

Take care all... I will blog again when I return from the Caribbean.
Have fun and Create!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It came clean and is ready to paint with another day. YAY!! How's that for a testimonial? Even Karen's brushes come clean with Marvelous Mariannes Salicylic acid! LOL Seriously, if you are looking for a good brush cleaner... this may be your answer. It even cleaned my messy hands. Gotta love that