Friday, May 28, 2010

SCD Crown Challenge


So yes, it's Friday again and that means another "Something Completely Different" Challenge.
This week it's CROWNS......

I don't know about you, but ... when I think of crowns my mind automatically goes to "queens" and in turn (and this could be just because of all the Alice in Wonderland stuff happening this year) the Queen of Hearts. That's what inspired my twinchie.

Yes, it was created on an actual playing card that I cut down to size, sanded, lightly white-washed, and inked with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. You all know how much I love my distress inks BUT I am ALWAYS in awe when I decide to sand and I bring out my Tim Holtz Sanding Block love how it works! Makes things MUCH easier - I can sand the paper, not gauge it ... I digress .... hehe....

The Crown is from Sir Tim's Ideaology line (Adornments). I was thrilled to see that the small crown fit over my chipboard figure perfectly! It was meant to be.

Now, I didn't want to just ink or paint the chipboard. Here's another use for Perfect Pearls everyone!!! I turned my chipboard piece face side down into my Perfect Medium stamp pad and inked it up and then applied a generous amount of Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls with my round brush applicator. LOVED how that turned out. The Heart was cut from felt and attached with my 3 in 1 Glue.

Yes, I did stamp the background card after it was all painted and inked. I used Black and Russet Archival Inks to do this. The Stamps are from Scrolls Work: "Chess Board" and "Treat the Queen". I LOVE this Chess Board. I use it a lot as a Floor!! Remember this? (photo left) That's the stamp there too.... Remember to look at different ways you can use your stamps. They may surprise you!!

Anyway... thanks for another fun challenge ..... can't wait to see what the other people did with their crowns!!

9 comments:

Carol Plume said...

what a great twinchie and love the use of the perfect pearls - great look!
I'm with you on getting the most out of my stamps!

Thank you for joining SCD this week.

Zoechaos said...

Lovin' your crowned twinchie brillient idea to cut down a playing card.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic twinchie, looks really great.

Unknown said...

Lovely twinchie !

toni said...

Love your twinchie, how clever to use the Queen of Hearts playing card as your back drop. And thnx for the awesome tip about perfect pearls, I have them and never thought to use them like you suggested... Hummm think I'm going to have to get my fingers dirty in that stuff tomorrow :)

Amy said...

really super cute twinchie

Artyjen said...

love the use of the playing card :) xoxo Sioux

Chris said...

Love your clever twinchie... brilliant and I adore how you used the checkered stamp.

hugs
Chris xx

Unknown said...

Loving this twinchie cleve use of a playing card!

Love Dawn xx