Landscape Sketching is an en plein air workshop what will be held alongside of the Grand River just a block from the studio. For this reason, please plan for the weather, bring sun screen and be prepared to have a relaxing sketch workshop in an inspiring setting.
We will be meeting in the studio where you will be introduced to Sharyn and learn about what the day will hold. In case of poor weather, we will invoke the picture techniques from Sharyn's Architectural/Travel Sketching Class and return to the studio to paint.
The Landscape Class will involve various watercolour techniques on watercolour paper - a more traditional way of approaching the subject. Please BRING YOUR LUNCH, small refreshments will be provided.
• IN CASE OF POOR WEATHER: Camera, laptop and patch cord for downloading photos OR Ipad, tablet or device for taking and viewing photos on a screen (cameras alone will not work for this project)
The following items are available for sale at the studio if required:
• Small watercolour set
• White and fine black Sharpie permanent markers
• White acrylic
• Painters masking tape (green)
• Paint brushes acrylic: size 6 flat, size 6 round, size 2 round
• White crayon
• Paper towels
• Water container
• Stool, camp chair
• Sun hat and a hard surface to work on. *Ask Karen about the Artist Tote Boards available at the studio... they are surprisingly inexpensive and perfect for this!!