On Saturday July 19, the Architectural/Travel Sketching class will be done on glossy papers with techniques PERFECT for the traveller ... yes, this particular technique will be using your camera! *wink* Because this class is not en plein air and will be using photographic assistance, no previous knowledge of perspective or urban sketching is required.
You will be using watercolour pencils and mediums along with pen work on GLOSSY photo paper to create an extremely fun and artistic images. The day will begin with a walk around historic Downtown Galt. You will be taking photos of areas in the downtown that you wish to sketch later when you return to the studio. Please feel free to BRING YOUR LUNCH. Some light refreshments will be served and time for lunch will be provided.
• Camera, laptop and patch cord for downloading photos OR Ipad, tablet or device for taking and viewing photos on a screen - Karen likes her Chromebook *wink* (phones alone will not work for this project)
• Glossy 4” x 6” photo paper (4-6) for printing your photos
The Art House Studio has items listed below for sale in the store if required.
• Acetate sheet 4” x 6” (two) if you have
• Watercolour pencils
• Inktense pencils (optional)
• White and fine black Sharpie permanent markers
• White acrylic paint
• Painters masking tape (green)
• Paint brushes acrylic: size 6 flat, size 6 round, size 2 round
• Small container Purel hand sanitizer
• Paper towels
• Water container