Saturday, August 25, 2012

What's in YOUR Art House?

So this is the finished project I created on USTREAM last night.  So nice to have you join me on such a beautiful summer evening.   Fabulous to be back streaming again !!

What's in YOUR Art House?

As you know, I am moving the studio to Cambridge next month.  I'm heading to a much larger space and I've been planning out display ideas and how to decorate.  If you read this site often, you'll also know that I participated in Donna Downey's Altered Brush Project .  Donna's invitation to create something for her new studio (and the fun I had doing it) sparked my decision to see if you all would like to do something for my new space.  No, not a paintbrush!  *smile*  I'd like you to create YOUR ART HOUSE on a 6x12 regular stretched canvas.

That's it.  That's the only direction I am going to give to you.
  • Needs to be on a 6x12 canvas 
  • Needs to have a HOUSE on it
Your houses can be collaged, paper pieced, painted, incorporate metal art, clay, felt, fabric, even crochet or knitting. Show me what inspires you at your Art House!

I have more 6x12 canvases arriving here next week.  There are about a dozen of you who already have your canvases (cause I spilled the beans earlier to people in the studio).  If you'd like to purchase your canvas here with me, you can.  They are $7.25 ea.   Once you bring your completed Art House back to me, I will refund the cost of your canvas (only applies if you got it here - bring your receipt)

I will hang your creation with all the other canvases I receive in the new studio in a collection around this canvas I created last night.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at thearthousestudio@rogers.com

Without further ado...  Here is last night's USTREAM recording.  Enjoy!!  Can't wait to see what you create!

Video streaming by Ustream

No comments: