Thursday, February 26, 2015

Gelli Printing on Fabric

People have ask me all the time how I use my gelli plate to create printed fabric for my rag quilts and home dec projects here at the studio....

Well, here's how!!    It's much easier than you think!  Just print like it's paper - except use a fabric paint OR add fabric medium to your acrylic paints as you brayer them on your printing plate.  It's not difficult but it does open up a whole lot of possibilities, doesn't it?  Every Gelli lover should give this a try.

These are the fabrics that I made on my USTREAM broadcast last week....


I use similar ones in my Rag Quilting class and you may have seen pictures of those fabric sheets posted here on this bog.  But I also use these fabrics in my applique projects.   It's all great fun!

Enjoy the edited broadcast here and I'll see you live online tonight at 6:30 est! USTREAM LINK



2 comments:

SMalec said...

I enjoyed your fabric paint video! I have never painted on fabric so I am wondering if using fabric paint makes it washable or do I need to purchase a paint additive, such as GAC?

Unknown said...

The SoSoft is a fabric paint.. that's why I used it. Fabric medium will help regular acrylic paints from not cracking, etc... making it launderable. I use GAC900 and the DecoArt Fabric Medium as well with success.

Have fun!