Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I also got in some fun canvas pillows to make art with. Some stretched burlap to play with and some some findings too.... perfect for jewelry making and mixed media projects...... Just wait until you see!!! Eeekkk... so exciting!
Well.... I think I have just about had it for the day (I need sleep! This red eye thing is for the birds - hehe ... but sooooooooooooooooooo worth it!!)
WAIT!! Hold the fort!! I have to post my ONE WORLD - ONE HEART give-a-way... I'll try to do that this evening ....EARLY this evening! LOL
Thanks for sharing my excitement with me!!
Monday, January 25, 2010
I really wanted to blog this last night but by the time I got back to the hotel it was 2am our time. The computer was turned on but.... I fell asleep typing on it. LOL I tried! :) Anyway, I'm up getting ready for a new day and just HAD to share. There will be a couple of posts today to watch out for :) ...and One World - One Heart will be posted tomorrow (I hope that will be okay with the organizer - crossing my fingers). Okay -- here we go.
I started the day by meeting Elizabeth (L) from A Scrapbookers Dream (Bolton) for coffee and look who we ran into? Yep - that's Kim from The Scrapping Bug (C) and Catherine (R) from Scrapbook and Cards Today! Great to see the Canadian stores represented. I also saw Juanita from Barrie and Sheila from Hamilton .... All is good!!
After coffee I officially opened my account with Stamper's Anonymous and made a fun order -- Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi stamps. I am a member of Wendy Vecchi's Yahoo Group so... yes, you will be seeing me play with these stamps quite a bit in the near future! Can't wait to get my hands on them. I'll post the stamps soon.... promise,
Yes, I also placed my Ranger order today too. All their new stuff will be coming in -- All of Tim's Ideaology, the New Distress Inks, the new epoxy.... yep everything. I will even be placing special orders for Tim new Sizzix line "Alterations" as well... so stay tuned. I have lots of plans up my sleeve. Pics to come.
One of the great things about the Ranger booth? My friend Carmi (I know you have read about her in other posts) was asked to do a Melt Art project for their Designer Challenge. Here's Carmi with her Frieda!! Love it Carmi! Photos don't do it justice!!
I also did Claudines Make N Take. Such a Great lady. I love her new Studio Medium "A little more time" glaze. I see so many fabulous possibilities with it -- and YEP ... it's coming in too!
Remember I said on Saturday night I spent part of the evening with the Kiki girls... Here they are!! LOVE the bright fresh designs from them .... I am crossing my fingers that they do come to the area (I hear possibilities are good!!) crossing my fingers! Great to meet you Girls
Gotta go get ready for the day today.... It's going to be a long one.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Saturday, January 23, 2010
The In A Pinch Designs and Go Studio Crop for Haiti reserved their 12 spaces in about... let's see....ummm.... 12 hours! THANK YOU LADIES We are looking forward to hosting this event for you and doing our small part to help the people of Haiti.
Thank you for supporting us in supporting them.
BUT WAIT... that's not all ... we have a wait list in place for this Friday's crop (the last two spots will be confirmed when I land in LA) AND if there are enough of you interested, In A Pinch Designs and I may just be willing to do this again. SO!!!! Let us know if you are interested and look for a future post with details if it's a go. Crossing my fingers.
Okay... time for me to board the plane. CHA or BUST! Right?? :)
Get wait to get an "In Real Life" look at all these Ranger and Tim products. I'll be sure to keep the drool under control!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
It's done enough that I had to share!
The Studio got a face lift this week. At long last the temporary retail wall came down, I had a Demo Table for Scrapfest made (that I am also going to use as my sales counter) and some sleek looking slat wall put up -- and don't forget new lights too! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I'm loving it!
On Sunday night my hubby and I took down the temporary wall (and the corner desk) and piled stuff all over the studio tables ready for my handy dudes to come in and fix me up!! :)
I was tired just looking at the mess on Sunday!! Eeeek... do you blame me? :)
Yep ... lots of Ranger Product -- Tim Holtz's name is EVERYWHERE! hehe ... and Claudine's name and Suze's name.... I already have SOME spaces set aside for their new products coming in from CHA ... Stay tuned for more on that soon!!
Monday, January 18, 2010
I didn't think you'd mind if I posted this an hour early ... I will be SUPER busy in the studio tomorrow getting things put back together. For those who don't know -- I am renovating the retail section of the studio. New slat wall is up, a new demo table has been built... it's all done but the cleaning and the sorting so I will be in rather early to get it ready for an 11:30am opening. Lots to do... so exciting!
Anyway, without further ado... here is this week's Ask Karen (re-printed word for word from an email I received last week)
Dear Ask Karen
I LOVE 3-in-1 Glue! But I'm a bit of a clutz... how do I get it off my clothes?
Sticky in Kitchener
p.s. seriously.. if you have a solution, I need to know. I dipped my boob into a glue bottle today and now I have a glue nipple! :)
Okay... So, after I laughed my head off - I sent her a response.
3 in 1 Glue from Beacon is a FABULOUS glue but once it's dry -- it's waterproof and not coming off in the wash. So... clean off any glue mishaps BEFORE it dries because if you wait you will have permanent glue spots.
Some of the great things about 3 in 1 Glue:
- its waterproof (I use it for all my crafting and quick fix needs - indoor and outdoor)
- it adheres buttons, metal, and all your embellishments beautifully
- a little goes a long way and doesn't warp your paper
- it doesn't leave a watermark on your ribbons
- it dries perfectly clear and as a result can be used to adhere clear objects like acrylic and transparencies...
- Works on Grungeboard & canvas
- A great fabric glue
- can be used as a 3D epoxy.
- fast grab and dries quickly
- is acid free
- A great price - 4oz for $5.99 (buy 2 for $10)
I LOVE 3 in 1 too, Sticky in Kitchener.... Just be a little more careful where you put it! *wink*
Sunday, January 17, 2010
And... for those who saw the Ranger goodies on my table last post - here's a sneak peek of one of the Nottawasaga Retreat classes I completed. The retreat classes and times will be posted here on February 1st.... It's getting exciting!!
I had a another great day in the studio creating with some fabulous girls!! I love having you all there!! ....love my Sushi Saturdays! *grin*
Come work on your cards, books, canvas, jewelry, whatever you wish -- The studio fees are $2/hour (there is a $6 minimum) - All are welcome!! Hope to see you there!
Friday, January 15, 2010
I created 4 cards for February's Card Workshop including this very fun little Valentine that I thought would make the perfect Teacher Card. I will be showing you how to stamp using the mini mister, some water and Distress Inks to get a "watercolour look" (which unfortunately is hard to see here... but is soooo sweet in person). Anyway, as I was stamping and enjoying the technique, I thought... this would actually make a pretty sweet class kit. So, I put one together. I had 6 Valentine Treat Boxes hanging out in my "tickle trunk" of an office... so, now I have 6 little Valentine Card Kits -- all pre-stamped ... just attach the embellies and address them as you like. The kit includes all you see below, enough to make 24 class cards and 1 teacher card (teacher card comes with an envelope).
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
1. I must thank the person who bestowed this honor upon me. (Thanks again Amanda)
2. Copy the award and place it on my blog. (check)
3. Link to the bestower’s site Pieces of Me
4. List seven interesting things about myself :
- I was once a professional clown (yes, I know... hard to believe LOL) I ran my own business while I was in high school - worked private parties and events by the city (Barrie)
- Marge Simpson inspired me to become a Realtor ... if she could do it! So could I! (it's scary but true! hehe) I did that for 3 years (right out of university) but resigned because of my young daughter and my family commitments.
- I have a "fake face" - I had facial reconstruction surgery when I was 14... I still don't have all the feeling in my chin - so please let me know if there's anything on it, k? :)
- I never took an art class in my life ... not even in highschool
- I'm married to a man who loves to be called 'Adorkable"
- I've tossed a caber and hurled a hagis.... among other things
- and there was a time that I not only spoke English and French... but also Klingon: HIja'!!!
okay... now you all know I'm a geek!! LOL But I have FUN!!5. Nominate seven bloggers that I find beautiful:
I love reading blogs! I regularly read designer & industry blogs (that are fabulous!!) BUT, I also have some fabulous people who join me in the studio, at my events and classes who also have blogs I read regularly - and they are beautiful for many reasons.... These blogs include:
- Rosanne - very inspiring... the challenges, the cooking, the projects.
- Mindy - I still think about your Christmas Poem!! *wink* - funny funny
- Sheri - My queen.... can't wait until school is over to see more of your creations!
- Sheri's husband Darrin... OMG Scrubbie you slay me!
- Judy -- lovin' the Tags you did for Christmas gifts, Judy!
- Michelle - another talented lady... I sneak over here to keep up to date :)
- Jeannie -- A new blogger who makes me laugh. Keep 'em coming Jeannie!
Thanks again Amanda..... :)